Are you filtering your shower water? If not, you are likely exposing yourself to as much chlorine as found in eight, 8 oz. glasses of the same water.
Most municipal water supplies add chlorine or chloramines (chlorine + ammonia) to our tap water to kill bacteria. Because our skin absorbs 60% of the chemicals we touch or apply, and chlorine also turns into a vapor we inhale, there can be serious consequences.
Research shows that these chemicals and their byproducts can have the following adverse health effects:
- Dry, itchy skin
- Dry, brittle hair
- Respiratory issues such as asthma, coughing and chest pain, and retaining water in the lungs
- Excessive free-radical formation
- Hardening of the arteries
- Skin rashes
- Destruction of vitamin E polyunsaturated fatty acids (vital for healthy skin)
- Even cancer, heart disease, and reproductive disorders
I wanted to protect myself and my family from the harmful effects of chlorine and its byproducts, so I installed a Chanson Spa Shower Filter. Installation took less than five minutes and I was instantly able to notice a difference in the water as well as the way my hair looked and felt. Read my full testimonial and see the before and after pics.
Chanson also offers whole-house filters if you are interested in removing other contaminants and protecting the water that comes out of every faucet, not just your shower. Visit Chanson Water for more information.